- 3 to 4 coyote tracks (fresh)
- 12 raccoon tracks
- 1 to 2 large-sized boot tracks
- Snow and ice to taste
- 40 to 50 pellets deer scat (doe of course)
- 20 pellets porcupine scat
- 1 carefully strained mud puddle (usually from
carrying it home)
- 1 liter sandy loam
Grind up the tracks, adding the mud puddle ingredients a
little at a time. Add boot tracks to mixture then fold in
ice and snow. Mix well and season, garnish with scat.
Delicious served with a little of last year's bull. May also
be taken on future trips where ingredients are scarce.
--Dean Gugler & Fleur-Ange Lamothe